We are welcoming October with the celebration of National Cyber Security Awareness Month! This month, we along with other champions, will help promote online safety awareness and push education initiatives. #NCSAMChampion
As we begin to think think about cyber security, protecting your organization’s infrastructure comes to mind.
Cyber risks don’t respect the functional boundaries of an organization. From a cyber POV, what one side of the enterprise does impacts the cyber risk levels of the entire business. A breach in the organization’s systems or at a field office can lead to a immense compromise of the entire network and possibly all the organization’s data.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
Consider ways to reduce insider threat (InT). Check out our previous blogs on InT:
- Deep Dive: Developing An Insider Threat Program
- 4 Steps to Better Insider Threat Detection Without a Budget Increase
- Defining Three Different Kinds of Insider Threat Issues
Replace and modernize your costly information technology legacy systems and update your outdated processes:
- FEAR FACTOR: CAN YOU FACE YOUR CYBER SECURITY FEARS?
- 3 Process Improvement Techniques Your Organization Can Employ Now
- Why Operational Efficiency Needs to be Your Top Priority
Check out the #CyberAware Month events page to find one near you: https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/events